Welcome to the LIONS Center
Recent Highlights of the Center
- 2016: Dr. John Yen and Dr. Peng Liu received a NSF Spoke Planning grant on cross-organization cyber attack situation awareness.
- 2016: Dr. Dinghao Wu and Dr. Peng Liu received an ONR grant on secure lean software.
- 2016: Dr. Xinyu Xing, Dr. Nick Giacobe and Dr. Peng Liu received a NSA Cyber Competition grant.
- 2016: Dr. Peng Liu received a new NIST grant on actionable mission impact analysis.
- 2016: Dr. Peng Liu is selected to co-chair ACM MTD (Moving Target Defense) 2016.
- 2015: Dr. Peng Liu received a new ARO grant on analyzing unexplained network events. This is a joint project with George Mason University.
- 2015: Dr. Xinyu Xing joined the LIONS center as new faculty.
- 2015: Peng Liu received Penn State College of IST Senior Faculty Excellence in Research Award.
- 2015: Minghui Zhu (EE) and Peng Liu received $500K NSF grant on CPS security.
- 2015: Anna Cinzia Squicciarini has received the NSF CAREER Award.
- 2015: Anna Cinzia Squicciarini received Penn State College of IST Junior Faculty Excellence in Research Award.
- 2014: Re-designated by DHS and NSA as "National Center of Academic Excellence in IA/CD Education" (CAE-Education) for 2014-2021.
- 2014: Dinghao Wu received Penn State College of IST Junior Faculty Excellence in Research Award.
- 2014: Peng Liu received a NSF grant on privacy-preserving cloud computing.
- 2013: Jens Grossklags received the endowed Haile Family Early Career Professorship in Penn State College of IST.
- 2013: Peng Liu received a Dept. of Defense MURI Award on Adaptive Cyber Defense, together with George Mason University (prime), Univ. of Michigan, and Dartmouth College.
- 2012: Dr. Dinghao Wu and Dr. Peng Liu received a NSF Trustworthy Computing grant ($499,745) on "Software Cruising for Systems Security".
- 2011: Dr. Peng Liu received a DARPA grant on insider mission identification, together with Boeing and RIT.
- 2010: Heng Xu has received the NSF CAREER Award (2010-2015).
- 2009: Peng Liu won a NSF Trustworthy-Computing Medium-Size Grant on "Self-protecting Data Centers" in collaboration with GMU and WIU.
- 2009: Peng Liu won a MURI award on "Computer-aided Human Centric Cyber Situation Awareness" in collaboration with CMU, GMU, NCSU, UMD, ASU.
- 2009: Re-designated by DHS and NSA as "National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education" (CAE-Education) for 2009-2014.
- 2008: Anna Squicciarini won a NSF Cyber-Trust Medium-Size Grant "Securing Dynamic Online Social Networks" in collaboration with UT San Antonio and ASU.
- 2008: Designated by NSA and DHS as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Research*, 2008-2013. (* with CSE)
- 2007: Peng Liu won a DoD (AFOSR) MURI grant, "MURI: Autonomic Recovery of Enterprise-Wide Systems after Attack or Failure with Forward Correction," in collaboration with GMU and Columbia.
- 2007: Sencun Zhu has received the NSF CAREER Award (2007-2012).
The LIONS Center will be synonymous with seminal works in interdisciplinary cyber-security research.
- Detect and remove threats of information misuse to the human society: mitigate risk, reduce uncertainty, and enhance predictability and trust.
- Produce leading scholars in interdisciplinary cyber-security research.
- Become a national leader in information assurance education.
- The LIONS center will be the best at performing inter-disciplinary research in cyber- security and privacy.
- The LIONS center will play a leading role in helping Penn State pursue security and risk R&D opportunities that revolve around DHS, NSA, and DoD.
Center at a Glance
- Core Faculty: 8
- Collaborating Faculty: 20
- Research Associates: 4
- Ph.D. students: 30+
- Publications since 2002: 400+
- Annual Publications: 50-70
- Active Grants: $9,000,000+ (core faculty credit)
Download the LIONS Center brochure (Adobe Reader required).
Last modified: 2016-09-15 09:06:15 EDT